Friday, February 27, 2009



I came across this old photograph of my son, Jordan with a bluebird and it was the inspiration behind the painting of the angel with the bluebirds. The bluebird in the photo came down our chimney into our wood stove and Jordan rescued him. At first it was black with soot and we didn't realize it was a bluebird until Jordan very gently wiped all of the soot off of him. He sat in Jordan's hand for about 30 minutes before flying away!

The other painting is how I felt earlier this week when it was about 70 degrees here in Missouri. This morning I saw that bunny on my patio, but we are expecting snow tomorrow!

I hope to post these on eBay later tonight!

6 comments:

Terri said...

They are beautiful! And the bluebird - how cool. I'll bet your son will remember that all his life!

Pease Porridge said...

They are both very cute Cris. Where did spring go? I want it back!
Jennifer

PS. Nino wanted me to tell Jordan NOT to bring his trumpet this weekend. ;)

Jenny Carter said...

Aww, cute paintings. What a nice boy to recue that birdy~

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

That's definitely an inspirational picture-how beautiful!

Micki Wilde said...

Wonderful story about your son, and gorgeous photograph too!
I love that you have incorporated it into a painting, great idea!

Micki x

Pearle said...

What an awesome photo of your son with the bluebird! I love that!