Thursday, June 11, 2009

STILL FEELING "BEACHY"


This photo is 12 years old, long before I had a digital camera, and it is still one of my very favorites. Jordan (left) and his cousin, Rory found the most perfect starfish on the beach, (with a little sneaky help from Dad and Souvenir City). They worked all afternoon, becoming brown as nuts, building the grandest sand castle for their beautiful starfish to sit atop! It is a memory I will always cherish. This painting is inspired by that wonderful day in 1997.

I will list this painting tonight on eBay. You can find the link at the top of the page.

3 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

So cute. What a fun time that was. Love the painting.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you depicted them so well..you do such nice work..I wore my necklace that I won from you today..:) yeah isn't it fun to step in cold cat puke/hairball..it is so slimy and so gross..I hope your a** is okay..:)

Terri said...

I can see why you love that photo - don't you just want to be right there, on that beach? The painting is lovely - your work is very nice!