Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moonlit Paintings!




I have had a few people ask for more "girls in the snow in the moonlight" paintings, so here they are! I won't be too sad if I don't sell these because I love the way they look in my antique gold frames. (not included) They will be sold separately, but they look great together.

There is a story behind these paintings. Little Karlee worries so much about the animals out in the cold night that she sneaks out at midnight and lures one or two out of the woods, sometimes using an apple or carrot. She brings them into her room where she cuddles them until they are warm. She brings them back to where she found them just before dawn, leaving them some extra food.

There really is a Karlee and she is my niece who is majoring in Animal Science at the University of Missouri. She has always had a great passion for animals. She must!--this week she had to actually put her hand all the way up a cow's "you know what" for one of her classes! Oh Karlee--you are amazing!

I will be putting these paintings on Ebay tonight. The link is at the top of the page.

9 comments:

Pease Porridge said...

These are so pretty Cris! Yes, that Karlee sure loves animals.

Jennifer

Denise said...

They do look very nice in the gold frames and I love her pretty little coat.

MyBlueHeaven said...

Aww that's Karlee for sure. I love them.

k said...

I am really risking my life with that BUNNY... haha. i love these :)

kct said...

aw, they are all so sweet! I love my owl moon print. I guess that's karlee sneaking out in the moonlight to rescue an owl.

Pat said...

I found you through Risa's OWOH blog post, thought it a great idea and I'm now following you.

Love your folk art - gorgeous!

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

I love these paintings!!! Just the other night I walked in the moon light in the snow with my puppy reminds me of that night! Your work is very lovely!

Thanks for your sweet warm message!!

ohika

Tina said...

These winter paintings are so sweet .. I just love them
Hey, thanks for blessing me with your comment. Meant so much coming from you.
Have a wonderful day
T

Cary Cameron said...

Cris, these are wonderful! Hope your doing well. Thanks so much for the lovely comments the other day.