Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yet Another Tree...


I guess you could say that I am stuck in a tree groove here! In my preschool class we have been talking about signs of spring and the kids made trees with construction paper trunks and waded tissue paper for leaves and blossoms. They turned out very "abstract", but they are beautiful covering the wall in the classroom!

This painting is my third tree in this series and it is called "In the Oak Tree". The little girl and her kitty stole away in the night to gaze upon the moon from the limbs of the mighty oak tree. Kitty wasn't banking on sharing the tree with another creature! I will be posting this on Ebay tonight.

5 comments:

Terri said...

I love the colors in this painting! :)It takes a special person to work with special-needs children. Thank you for all that you do!

claire barone art said...

your tree paintings are lovely theres something very magical about trees dont you think? i also love your pendants have a lovely day x

MyBlueHeaven said...

Love the owl in the tree. It's all so cute.

Juliette Crane said...

i just love this piece! it makes me want to run outside and climb a tree. and i am delighted to hear about the art project at school. i think i might just need to try that with tissue paper. what a wonderful idea!

xoxo, juliette

Sweet Fuchsia said...

I saw your comment on Julie F's blog...loved your icon...glad I checked out your artwork over here...makes me grin...following you now too.