Friday, April 8, 2011

Taming Grey Gardens and a Japanese Dinner.


Jordan and I spent the day starting to tame "Grey Gardens". We cleaned out the shed and brought up all the pots and baskets to prepare them for filling with soil and flowers. I stopped counting at 60 pots to fill. Most of my gardens are full of perennials, so I don't have to plant too many flowers in the ground, just vegetables and some of the herbs that are annuals. There is so much to do outside. I look forward to when it is all finished and looking pretty!

My daughters' favorite food is Asian. I surprised them this evening with making a Japanese dinner. We had lettuce wraps and California rolls. Tara and Laura put out their Asian umbrella, chopsticks, and special dishes. We all took turns rolling the sushi. It turned out pretty good, but I must admit, my favorite cuisine is Italian! Nothing compares to a glass of red wine with pasta or a great platter of fresh mozzarella and olive oil with tomatoes and basil straight from the garden!!
















Tomorrow I hope to finally finish a big painting I have been working on called "Redbud Lane". I have been experimenting with place perspectives. Check back soon to see how it turns out! Now, I am going to put my feet up and read the rest of "Water for Elephants".

3 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

Oh looks like such fun! And delicious too.

Micki Wilde said...

I'm just about to go outside and do all my pot seeding and re-seeding the lawn too, we have got glorious sunshine here at the moment for a change, the kids have got the tent out and hubby is setting up the bbq for later.....Nice!!! :)

Your japanese dinner looks delicious but i'm with you on the prefering italian, although my most favourite is mexican...yummy!!

Have fun with the big painting, I can't wait to see it finished.

Micki x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely meal! I love Italian the best too! Can't wait to see all your pots with plants! And the big painting!