Monday, June 20, 2011

Tasting the Absinthe!




My mom, sisters and I had a wonderful "girls" weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks where my sister Kerry has a beautiful condo! We sat around and talked, laughed, snacked, and drank all weekend. We did make trips to the pool and a few short shopping trips too...but we mostly just love cracking up with each other and being silly! If you have been following my blog you know that I have been interested in why so many great artists and writers were addicted to absinthe (the green fairy). Well, we found a small bottle and all tried it. WOW! I think you can feel the burn all the way down your throat and through your intestines! It is 138 proof. We got such a laugh at each other's faces as we swallowed it! The second photo is me taking a very tentative first swig! The group photo is (l to r) sister Susan, me, Mom (a very youthful and fun 73 year old), Kerry, and Jennifer (tamale cat art). My mom happened to be wearing a long, green ethereal dress when we tried the absinthe--so of course she was pegged the "Green Fairy" all night! ha ha It was such a fun annual event for us to reconnect without the distractions of kids and husbands! I hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

Pease Porridge said...

Ha ha, all very true!! It was such a fun weekend. I am sad it is over.

Micki Wilde said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, it's a lovely photo of you all.
I told you Absinthe was eeeeevil though lol ;)

X

Rabbit Town Art said...

Absinthe! Oh my goodness! I tried it in Prague and it most certainly is evil! sounds like an awesome weekend :)