Friday, August 3, 2012

Intoducing Cats by Cris!

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I finally made my first soft sculpture doll. It was a lot of trial and error, but this is the result! My kids joked and called it the "all day, all night kitty" because I fussed with it for so long! I devised the pattern myself and tried to make the face just like the kitties that I paint on canvases. It is sewn (machine and hand sewn) from heavy 100% cotton muslin. Then, I painted it with acrylic paints, sanded it, and painted it again. It has a clear matte finish. The little skirt is removable but the hand stitched matching fabric rose is sewn to it's paws. I signed and dated it's bottom. I'm not sure when I will be able to complete another kitty, but I hope to eventually. If you collect my kitty cat paintings--this is your chance to have a 3-D version! I will be listing this on Ebay shortly. There will be lots more photos!

3 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Awesome work Cris!!

MyBlueHeaven said...

Oh Cris that looks like a lot of work..

Cameron said...

Well, the hard work paid off....she is darling!!