Friday, December 5, 2008


Hello Everyone! I finally received the extra deep canvases I have been waiting to paint on this week. They are 1 1/2" deep and look so chunky and neat. Another thing I like about them is that even though I put a sawtooth hanger on the back, these paintings are deep enough to stand upright by themselves.

As you can see, I painted a sleepy kitty surprised to wake and find a Christmas elf snuggled up beside him. The other elf is equally surprised and very worried indeed! The next one is a beautiful angel holding a kitty friend. I experimented with some texture things on this one. It has an interesting puddled finish and the colors are vibrant! The third one is "Snow Day". Were there any words that brought more joy when you were a school aged child? This one has a crackle finish with lots of sparkle rubbed in!

I have another busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow morning I will be volunteering for Santa's Breakfast at the preschool where I work. After that, I hope to get some Christmas shopping knocked out and go out to eat tomorrow night. Yaay! We hardly ever do that. Hopefully, Sunday I will catch up on housework and maybe do another painting. Have an wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

Well, you've been busy! Those are so cute.

Pease Porridge said...

Very cute Cris. I love them all.

Cinzia said...

Wowww!!!! I love them all!!!
Ciaoooo!!!
Cinzia

Jenny Carter said...

ooooh they are cool~ I definately like the deep canvases. Have fun shopping..

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Your new paintings are adorable and your Christmasy (like that word?) home looks amazingly warm and comfy.
Tracy

Cinzia said...

Hello Cris! Trentino-Alto Adige is an italian region and it is very but very beautiful!!! There are many important mountain range...you can see this: www.suedtirol.info
At the end of the page, there is a beautiful video...
During Christmas time, here, there are many Christmas open-air markets...This italian region interns with Germany and Switzerland and has many of their traditions...
Bye bye
Cinzia

Jenny Carter said...

Yes another blog award waiting for ya! See, if you were not soooo fabulous at this blog thing, you would not be bothered with all my awards...lmao.

I said the same to your sis...I am lame!

Hilary said...

I really love your blog! Beautiful little paintings! Ill be back! :)
Happy Holidays!