Sunday, May 31, 2009

NEW PAINTINGS















The photo was taken in the 1940's of my mom and her twin having a tea party with their baby dolls. It inspired me to paint this picture of two little girls doing the same. It has lots of pretty pastels and a drowsy little kitty nearby.


Do you ever feel like going out in your nighties in the middle of the night just to gaze at the moon? I sure do! It always fascinates me how everyone on this Earth is all looking at the same old moon. Also, our ancestors were staring at the same big ol' moon many, many years ago! Both of these paintings are listed on eBay if you are interested. The link is at the top of the page.~~~This is my last week of school!~~~~~~Yippeee!!!!

8 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

I love the paintings. I wish I could go out in the middle of the night in my pj's. Not in this hood, though, unfortunately. LOL

Maybe someday when we live in the country. I like to sit on a big porch and listen to thunder and feel the cool breeze. I loved that growing up.

MyBlueHeaven said...

Oh those paintings turned out so good. If I could just live two days back then at that picnic.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I'm always in my pjs..:) I love the paintings..you always bring the art to life..:)

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Wow, love what you've captured in both paintings. Two of my favorite things! Tea parties and sitting outside at night with a big beautiful moon :)

Pease Porridge said...

Sooo cute Cris. I love the kitty on the blanket! I have a moon one too I am getting ready to put up. We must both be looking forward to a full moon. Summer is the best time to enjoy them.

Jennifer

Heather said...

Hello there! Thank you for your visit, your paintings are so adorable! I also love that picture of your mom and her twin, what a treasure!~

Debbie said...

I love both paintings, and especially the cats!

Julie Fillo said...

Adorable painting of the picnic! And the cats!
Thanks about saying my grandson is cute, and my house is not in any of the photos of my morning walk, my flowers are not as pretty as my neighbors!