Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring is Here to Stay!



It looks like Spring is here to stay now! As I write this, the music of the evening peep frogs is drowning out my son playing the piano! I got a new camera last night so I took a few pictures outside this evening. The pink flowering bush is my Wigelia gone crazy. The photo near the front porch shows a glimpse of the sun setting on the next "mountain". The photo of the area by one of my ponds is one of my favorite spots. There is a swinging bench nearby I love to sit on to read or sketch.

I finished a new painting today called "Hiding in Hollyhocks". It has nice summery colors and the girl and kitty have sweet expressions. I just listed it on eBay. The links are at the top of the page. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Pease Porridge said...

Very cute Cris! Your pictures look so pretty. I had my very first Hollyhock bloom last year even though I had the plant for a couple years before. I think they bloom every other year but resead themselves right?? Anyway, I see a bud again and I am looking forward to it. They are such an old fashion flower.
Jennifer

MyBlueHeaven said...

Your plants are so pretty but I should have been there last week huh? Ha. Love the Boogie cat.