Sunday, July 12, 2009

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIE, LOUIE!

Yesterday morning we shopped at Soulard Market in downtown St. Louis (about 30 minutes from where I live). It is the oldest open air market west of the Mississippi, as you can see from the early photo. There are vendors selling everything from live goats and chickens, to fresh flowers, to grilled alligator on a stick! There are lots of musicians playing for coins in a can, and believe me lots of people watching to be had! I bought loads of produce at awesome prices and we snacked on lots of interesting eats~our favorite was the mini Krispy Kreme type contraption that made fresh donuts the size of quarters served hot in a paper bag drizzled with glaze.

If you are a baseball fan, St. Louis is the place to be now. There is a huge celebration going on in preparation for the All Star Game on Tuesday. My parents are at the stadium today where lots of locals, out of towners, and celebrities are to watch some old baseball legends play a game of soft ball!

3 comments:

suzi whitaker said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Michele Lynch Art said...

and hopefully NO rain!!!!

Heidi said...

I'm thinking of heading down to St. Louis with my hubby and the kids. I think that market would be so much fun to go to...if only for the donuts alone!