Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gentle Arms


This is my latest painting. It is bigger than I usually paint (11"X14")--This little kitty is going to heaven, but don't worry, she is in some very gentle arms. I used pages from a vintage hymnal for this one, you can see some of the music peeking through the paint. I plan to list this on Ebay sometime tonight.

I hope everyone's weekend is going well. It will be spring before you know it. I don't really mind the winter months though. It gives me more time to paint and do things I want without the gardens, pool, flowers, lawn, patio furniture, etc. needing my attention. Once I get all my flowers and vegetables planted I love to sit outside with the birds. It takes about 3 or 4 full weekends to get everything together and looking nice outside on the patios, decks, and poolside. ugh! I hate that part!

9 comments:

MyBlueHeaven said...

Oh that precious cat.

Janine said...

I love that cute angel with the cat and the friendly face

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

i just want to cry when I look at that painting as I have lost too many kittys...it would bring back painfull memories of losing my babys..but I do love it..just too emotional I guess.:)

Julie-ann Bowden said...

She is darling, love her!
The side view, yet her full face, brilliant perspective and beautifully created!

Hugs!

JulieJ

Julie said...

This is so sweet....this is exactly how I held my first kitty when they put her down @ 17. Her little head right on my shoulder....this makes me want to cry too! : ( xxx

Pease Porridge said...

Oh, Cris! It is scary, because Tamale's body is starting to look like this a little. :( She is getting old and so skinny. I love how you did this painting.
Jennifer

Cris said...

I'm sorry if I made anyone sad with my painting. I was hoping it might be comforting.

Jenny Carter said...

I love it. So, send me a note sometime at wondersofwhimsy@hotmail.com and we can chat about my situation...:) I miss blogging!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

It is just beautiful!!!!Dianntha