Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Lonely Spot




I found some of old canvas panel paintings and painted over them with brown paint before creating some new art! The panels had holes drilled in the top so I strung them up with black polka dot ribbons so that they can be hung anywhere, just like a plaque, no frame is needed. The first one, My Lonely Spot, features a little girl (kind of a creepy girl) enjoying some Halloween props. The second one, Pulling the Turkeys, has a girl pulling a wagon full of confused turkeys. Will they end up on the table? The third one is on a stretched canvas and is called, After the Party, because sometimes it isn't worth going to a Halloween party when you consider the walk home! These will all be on Ebay soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

These are fabulous Cris, I love the idea of the 'after the party' one, so good, really gets all those spooky thoughts going in your head ;)

Micki x

Pease Porridge said...

Love the colors cris. I like the girl with the wagon best.

Debbie said...

you always have such creative and wonderful paintings!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

so sweet! i love "pulling the turkeys" but i hate to think where they are being pulled to:)somewhere safe i'm sure.

Julie said...

I love the color palette you used for these Cris! That "Pulling the turkeys" is so sweet...their faces are perfect! I'm going to imagine that the little girl is like I was when I was little and is rescuing the turkeys from the hunters to take to her enchanted farm...lol!: )